Location: South New Brighton, Christchurch. We'll provide the address once you sign up! The All Things EFFY Headquarters is not open to the public except for Workshops!
Learn the Art of Rug Tufting with Electronic Handheld Tufting Guns!
This is a shorten version of our regular workshop for a softer introduction to this unique craft. It's perfect if you want to try it out for fun!
We'll be using smaller frames than our typical workshop and we won't have time to try any carving tools. We will back the small rugs/ wall hangings we make.
Get some friends together for a relaxing night of tufting and some wine!
What is rug tufting?
A quick Google search will have you drooling over the amazing art people have created with rug tufting machines.
The machines follow the same principle as punch needling. A loop or cut loop is created on one side of the fabric while the backside is a flat stitch. The machine works fast so in minutes you've created a patch of flat stitches on the back and fluffy loops or cut loops on the front!
What we'll learn:
- Introduction to the AK-I cut pile tufting machine.
- An introduction on how to maintain & service your gun
- Next, we'll look at stretching your fabric on a carpet tack frame.
- At this point you'll be off to the races and start tufting your design with a AK-I cut pile tufting machine.
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the afternoons as well as nibbles to fuel or creativity!
What will be supplied with your workshop fee:
- Use of the tufting guns
- Use of a 50cm x 50cm carpet tack work Station
- Acrylic Yarn - 8 cakes or cones
- All the tufting fabric you need